1 Peter 3:4
"Rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Best Friend

This is Ellie and Me. :) I love her so much! She has just recently left to college at IWU and I miss her a LOT!! You know what I love most about her? She always has a smile for you. :) Oh, and she always tilts her head a bit when she smiles! So cute. I love her because always has a nice thing to say and is most nearly always in a good mood. ;)
Ellie is a loyal and faithful friend. Let me elaborate: Last year, I was stressed by certain situations and she stuck with me through it all and helped me by listening. Only a true friend helps and encourages their friends during hard times - and is there for them through the whole situation. In Proverbs 17:17 it says, "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Adversity means a difficulty or affliction. When I was going through some hard changes last year, she talked with me, stimulated me spiritually, and cheered me on. She was, and still is, a great role model and example to me. Ellie loves the Lord and you can see it when she reaches out to others and the unpopular ones. She is definitely one of my friends who has encouraged me towards consistant Christ-like behavior. Ellie is a great friend who has never let me down. Even though she is having medical things happening in her life right now she is continually trusting God and being a good example on how to lean on God at all times. She faithfully leads me to this verse: "The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?" ~Psalms 27:1. A true Christian friend loves you for who you are and listens. They give godly advice based on what the Lord says - not what they feel. Ellie is always being the greatest example to me and showing me how a godly young woman should pursue the Lord! <3 I love you Ellie!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe man. You beat me to it! I was planning a post about her too XD
    Again, I have to say I like this though. :) She is one amazing friend, isn't she?
    *sigh* I love her too. Very much so. <3

    ReplyDelete