1 Peter 3:4
"Rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Number One?

I constantly see people around me who are obsessed with their own lives and how they can make themselves happy etc.. But... is this how we're supposed to live? Day by day for... ourselves??? No way. I've tried that. It just doesn't work. I ended up stressed, miserable, and out-of-control. I worked very hard last year on my school work so I could get good grades (for myself). Who was I doing that for? Myself. Me me me. The more I read the Bible, the more I see how life is not AT ALL about us. It's about the perfect God who made us and died for us! When we live only for God, we are living our life to the FULLEST. When we live for God, we aren't living to please ourselves, but God.
What do you think of first when you wake up in the morning? Do you think "how am I going to have fun today?" or "How can I glorify God with my speech and actions today? How can I honor Him and please Him?" I used to wake up in the morning feeling stressed, overloaded and wouldn't want to get up (I'd want to go back to dreamyland where life was less complicated :P).
Human-beings are selfish. Way too selfish. We take the biggest piece of cake. We take the largest cookie. All so WE can please ourselves. Philippians 2:3-7 says, "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each other you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did  not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking to form of a bondservant."
Well, I had one of those "light bulbs" go off above my head and thought there HAS to be more to life than going to concerts, seeing movies, hanging out with friends, and eating everything in front of me! I made a commitment the other week to live for CHRIST and not myself. Whatever I wear, say or do - I want it to reflect my decision to live for Christ only. I want the Lord to be number one in my life. That's when true joy fills your heart. So...who is number one in your life?  You? or Christ? "Whether then you eat or drink, OR WHATEVER YOU DO, do all to the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31(emphasis added).
"Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." 2 Timothy 2:22.


"Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." Matthew 16:24

Awesome song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3KPA9ltQE

1 comment:

  1. Love what you said. He is definitely number one in my life too!

    ReplyDelete