1 Peter 3:4
"Rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hurry Up!


So, Brooke and I walked about 2 miles today. I was really tired and was thinking I couldn't make it back home. I wanted to stop and rest, but it was getting pretty hot outside and I knew I would just cook like a turkey if I stopped. Then... like a beacon in the night... I could finally see our house. I was overwhelmed with joy!!! ;) But anyways, I continued to walk knowing that our destination was right before us. I started thinking... that's a lot like our patience and trust with the Lord. We are on this walk with God. We're in a race. We get tired and just want to give up, not realizing that the prize is right before us! We can't see it though, because God wants us to trust Him. "God, why can't you just show me and then I'll gladly run for You."  "No, my child. You must trust Me. You will get there if you trust Me. Have patience."
There are a lot of situations where I just want God to show me what's going to happen or what I'm supposed to do. But we're supposed to wait upon the Lord since we know His timing is perfect. Psalm 5:3 says, "In the morning, O LORD, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation." Also in Psalm 37:7a, "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him;" We just need to pray for God's wisdom, patience, and endurance (see James 1!)
Just think! We are running in a race towards Heaven and being with Christ! We may not see the end of the race yet, but we'll see it in God's timing. Even with all other situations we can pray to God and ask for His will to be done. And that we would have patience to wait for His perfect plan to unfold.

Numbers 9:8 ~ Moses answered them, "Wait until I find out what the LORD commands concerning you."


Colossians 1:10-12 ~ And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.


James 1:2-4 ~  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment